Voices In My Head

Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Saviour

I've been keeping up with the news about the 23 Korean volunteers that were taken hostage by terrorists. The largest abduction since the 2001 US invasion.

Here's a link if you're interested
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/7/30/worldupdates/2007-07-30T201923Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-287333-2&sec=Worldupdates

One reason this news caught my attention is that the 23 Koreans are Christians on mission work and 18 of them are women.

The Taliban are making demands and setting deadlines for the Afghan government in which if they fail to respond would result in the death of the hostages. The Taliban has killed the leader of the group, a Pastor that would have turned 42 on the day he was murdered.

A few deadlines have passed but word is the 22 hostages remaining are still alive and their family desperately praying for them. I myself have found this news rather disturbing and I am too hoping that God will give them a miracle. I can't imagine how those hostages must be feeling right now but I pray that their prayers be answered as I know we have a faithful God.

Talks between the 2 factions have been going on for days but it seems fruitless. May be its time for divine intervention. I want to see our God deliver those hostages, I want the world to see that our God is faithful and to see our God for who he really is, our Saviour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home