Voices In My Head

Friday, July 20, 2007

Storm

Life can be scary.

Things can change in just an instant. People come, people go in our lives. Nothing stays the same forever, no one can walk this entire life together with us.

I'm seeing the older generation of my family leaving one by one. My family was pretty big during my grandfather's generation and in recent months aunties and uncles from that generation just started leaving us due to old age. It goes to show that no one can be with us forever and it means everything to cherish and appreciate the people we love.

Life is too short to be bound by grudges against one another.

Sometimes I feel as if we can't escape the 'scariness' of life. We go through different problems in different seasons of our lives. Perhaps I should stop trying to avoid the fears and difficulties in life and to look to my Shepherd. I'm reminded of my Shepherd Jesus through the song Storm by Lifehouse. The chorus goes like this

If I could just see you
Everything would be all right
If I happen to see you
This darkness would turn to light

And I will walk on water
And you will catch me if I fall
And I will get lost into your eyes
And everything will be all right
And everything will be all right



I believe that as I look into my saviour's eyes I would get lost in He's eyes full of compassion, full of love. Love that casts out fear. Love that would make me shine in the darkest hour. I'm not feeling super passionate about God right now, but He's super passionate about me. This is what I love about my God.

I may not love Him as much as I should

But He loves me more than I deserve everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home