Voices In My Head

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Post to End the Year

As 2007 comes to and end, I can't help but feel the excitement of ushering in the new year.

I have always thought of New Year as an opportunity to have a brand new beginning, starting anew on a clean slate, making New Year resolutions to ensure that the year is going to be better than the last. By doing so I tend to focus on the negative aspects while missing out all that I could be thankful for. Well, this time its going to change. Pastor Prince said that 2007 is going to be the year of new beginnings and even on the last day of 2007 God's word still stands. Its never too late for new beginnings, and I welcome it. =)

There was so much happening in 2007. It was the first time celebrating Chinese New Year without my grandma and it certainly felt different. My family also had to cope with the fact that my grandfather was getting weaker due to alzheimer's disease. It was my first taste of work as an intern in China which was a whole new environment and experience to me. Then early this month I heard the news of my grandfather's sudden passing. I for one hated changes, I never saw myself being able to cope well with changes. Yet, I found myself enjoying the year. I enjoyed the time spent with Daddy God both during the good and bad times. Enjoying all the time I spent with my family, realising that all these change has brought my family closer. My 2nd year in Switzerland which is now nearing to an end has also been tremendously blessed.

All the blessings and breakthroughs could never have happen if I was not introduced to the Gospel of Grace through New Creation Church's ministries. 2007 was indeed a year of new beginnings as God blessed me with my precious bro Eugene who freely shared all the messages he had from Ps Prince, Ps Mark, Ps Chin and Ps Lian. Those annointed messages are life savers, literally, reminding me of the hope I have in Christ and His love for me. And then there was multiply. I never knew what treasure I stumbled upon when i created my multiply account. It was more than a blog, it was fellowship. Ever since adding Eugene and Jacqueline into my contacts i've been given access to updates from fellow bros and sis from New Creation Church. I have been truly edified and encouraged time and time again through their posts and updates. Among the many contacts I would like to note the few which I have been encouraged most


I'm not sure if you notice my frequent visits to your sites, but I'm really grateful for all the encouragement and inspiration you've given me. Appreciate it. I may not be able to attend NCC this year but I believe I have been growing with it. =)

And now my thoughts for the coming year. Yesterday I was chattin with some of my closest buddies (Kin Wai, Zhu Whee, Yong Kim, Leland...)whom I have known from either primary or secondary school. For the most part of our school lives we went to classes together, took tuition together and hung out together. My close buddy Kin Wai commented that 'everyone's leaving ady' which made me stop and think for a moment. Even those who were still in Ipoh had to leave for further studies after their STPM and for many of us its our first time working albeit part time jobs or internships. A downside of growing up in a sleepy city like Ipoh is that once you're gone its not likely you'll return to get a job or settle down anytime soon. In other words we would rarely have a chance to hang out like we used to anymore.

For us 1988 babies, 2008 also marks the year we become 'young-adults'. Okay, so mayb i'm making a big fuss out of it, but I think it should be taken seriously. Its an integral part of our lives and what we believe now will affect our outlook on life, moulding our character. As for me I've chosen to believe the word of God, letting it craft me into the wonderfully made Arrow that I am, hitting the mark. I have been wanting to attend NCC and i'm counting on God to make it happen in 2008. Also, after being a Christian for 3 years and numerous thoughts of getting baptised, I want to have my baptism, declaring my faith in my Saviour.

I'm looking forward to 2008 to be a year beyond my wildest imagination and a year of restoration. A new year does not promise a great year, it is Jesus who does. There will be no need for resolutions this coming year, only God's promises which in Christ are Yes and Amen!

1 Comments:

  • Hello!

    I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Hannah
    hannah@wefeelfine.org

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home