Voices In My Head

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eating Asia

Talk about South-East Asian food and a sense of pride just rushes through me. Call me bias but no other cuisine could come close to South-East Asian cuisine. We've got the best of everything - Chinese, Malay, Indian cuisine. Add in a dash of local ingenuity and flavour, even the top Michelin chefs could not compete.

During my previous semester which included some practical knowledge of Service and Kitchen, I was introduced to Western service and cooking methods which my French ang mo chefs and lecturers were so proud of. I'd scoffed at them whenever they seem to think W
estern cuisine is superior. I had the thought that ang mos will never be able to comprehend the true wonders of South-East Asian cuisine.... till today.

I came across this food blog called

EatingAsia

which is operated by freelance writer Robyn Eckhardt and photographer David Hagerman who are currently based in Malaysia. They produce really interesting articles about food around the region, along with some really professionally taken pictures too.

Thought your plate of Char Kway Teow could not look any
nicer? Think again.

Their knowledge on South-East Asian food is astounding. Before reading the about me page I would never have guessed them to be ang mos. Aside from South-East Asian food, they also write some pretty interesting posts on mainland Chinese food as well as the Not Asia category.

Recommended to all Food Lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home