Voices In My Head

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Love of a Grandfather

Yesterday my grandfather passed my aunt a note.

The note started with a few mention about the maid who is currently taking care of him after my grandma's passing.

Then, he wrote about how much he will be missing me while i'm away in Shanghai and that even though we're not that close to one another he wishes me all the best and to have a successful life. This applies to my sister as well.

Next my grandfather wrote to my dad who's working in Cambodia, wishing him that he'll become a successful man (which he is) and also to live a good life.

Finally he wrote about my aunt, asking her to quit her job when he wins the lottery for he's not happy with my aunt's company.

My grandfather wrote the message in clear english, he could very well outwrite anyone of us.

Its not a norm for my grandfather to write notes, the reason he did this was to tell us his feelings and desires - how much he loves and cares for us. My grandfather has difficulty speaking and walking due to his infirmities. Even so this has not dampened his love for us as a father.

I have to admit I was always closer to my grandma but that day I saw how much my grandfather loves his family. Its one thing to provide, its another to love. One could provide for his family without love, but my grandfather not being able to provide showed me the greatest love one could ever give.

And this is more precious than any provision in the world.

My grandfather is a great man, he may not have been rich as others were, not as healthy as others are but he is a great man of Love and i'm so proud of him.

Unknown to my grandfather, this simple note will transform my life drastically.

I was touched by the note, at the same moment a revelation of God's love fell into my heart. Seeing how much my grandfather loves me, my family in his infirmities how much more would our father in heaven would love us?

My grandfather wishes me a successful life, he wishes me all the best. Would my heavenly father wish me any less? That desire of every parent to see their kids live a good life is the same desire that God has for all of us. He gave up His son that we may live a good life.

Yesterday, I experienced love from my grandfather and in turn love all over again from Daddy God. Its just a simple revelation of love, but this revelation alone is all I need to know that i'll lead a good, abundant, shalom life.


2 Comments:

  • in my own opinion,

    its often easy to overlook love from pple dearest to you. But its never too late to realise that. Its never too late to love back.

    By Blogger idiosyncratic intruder, at 4:41 PM  

  • long time din post at ur blog d :P

    yeah... u r really blessed with a wonderful family... u all caring 4 each other.

    give thanks !! :D

    By Blogger yongkim, at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home