Voices In My Head

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Breaking Free from Religion ; Entering His Presence

Religion is nothing but a set of supernatural laws or rituals believed to be given by 'Divine' beings. Thats what religion is if u ask me. No need to refer to the irrefutable Oxford Dictionary.

I've been going through some 'Growing Pains' for the past week and I had this Q&A session with Daddy God. It was no quiet solitary confession with Him, instead I was literally shouting my questions to Him. I went to Him in anger, in hurt and He listened. He listened with compassion, His heart feeling my hurt, my anger.

Any religious person would be appalled simply by knowing the way i spoke to God. But I believe God himself isn't concern about that. He's concern about me. Fast forward merely a few days and here I am with a spirit of thanksgiving, praising the Lord, all these because of His love. And to really get me into this spirit of thankgiving is His faithfulness. Yong Kim was telling me this problem of his but he knew God would see him through. Guess what? God's favour was with Yong Kim and to make it simple - everything's okay!

Its so awesome to know what a Faithful God we have. All the promises mentioned in the Bible, all the Blessings are for us! And knowing that God's word will not return to Him void, we can't help but be BLESSED!

Ever since listening to Ps Prince's ministry I truly know why Christianity is not a religion. God is getting so Real in my life. He's no longer the MAN up there. He's the man IN me, WITH me, FOR me.

For whatever reason, i seem to be kept reminded that i'm still young. People seem to be asking me my age and saying that i'm young. I on the other hand wanna grow older. You know, completing my studies and stuff. Perhaps God is asking me to enjoy the ride. The 2 most inspiring words to me are 'It's okay la' and 'Rest' said by non other than my bro Eugene. At first glance it sounds like 2 lazy words but HAH, the Holy Spirit uses such small words to bring blessings into lives!

My bro Eugene is currently in America and I am forever grateful to him. I bless him and Honour him with all my heart. I myself will be heading to China on the 27th for my internship for 9 months. 2 beloved child of God in 2 different places. 1 God with countless blessings. My spiritual mathematic is telling me its gonna be a wonderful ride for the both of us and I confess that in Jesus' name.


To end my post,


I'm breaking free from religion. My God is my Friend, my Father, my King and I His Friend, His Son, His Prince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home