Voices In My Head

Friday, January 26, 2007

Things I'd Never Thought I'd Do In Swiss

Switzerland, the heart of Europe, kinda... the Austrians say they're the heart of Europe but i dun really care. A land plagued with cows, grass, hills and french speaking people for my part of Switzerland, never would i dream of improving my chinese or being more proud to be Asian.

Anyway here's a list of thing's i'd never thought i'd do or feel in Swiss

1. To have a majority of Hong Kong friends.

2. To speak cantonese more often than any other language.

3. To find Mandarin to be 'Sexier' than French. Seriously French is overrated.

4. To actually want to improve my Mandarin and Cantonese.

5. To find bahasa reasonably useful.

6. To speak bahasa with a Korean. (i'm serious, i was so so shocked listening to him speak in bahasa Indonesia!)

7. To 'attend' a Singaporean church - NCC sermons!!

8. To be interested in the Korean language.

9. To find the 'grass to be so much greener' back home.

10. To have never ever been so proud to be a Malaysian Chinese!

the things i'd never thought i'd do aren't merely limited to this list. almost nothing turned out as expected and in a way it took a turn for the better i believe. God is Good.

Remember the walk in the dessert in my previous post? well the children of Israel weren't alone while they were wandering, God was with them in the cloud and pillar of Fire. Jesus is forever here with me, in me, FOR ME.

I remember the times my primary school teacher calling me a 'Banana Person' - Yellow on the outside white on the inside. I used to embrace that but NOT ANYMORE, i'm uniquely a Malaysian Chinese :)

2 Comments:

  • haha, mandarin is no doubt very sexy... i couldn't agree more...

    and next time we learn Korean together la... go Korea find Korean chicks... =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

  • woo hoo~~~

    a proud chinese guy!!!

    :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home