Voices In My Head

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Of Joy and Happiness

woke up early this morning thinking i had class, found out the only class i had today was at 4pm.

since i'm awake i went to check my mail and soon found my way to my blog. I read every single post i made since July 06, i always thought not many people viewed my blog and that blogging seemed kinda like a waste of time, yet i'm glad i blogged. all the thoughts and memories while writing those old posts came back to me. Even if no one reads my blog i would continue posting, my posts are my REAL thoughts and FEELINGS, by posting them i'm celebrating my 'joys' and sorrows. It reminds me how much God has led me through my life, how much I am in need of God and ultimately it makes me cry out 'How Great Is My God'.

clearly i've not been very happy for a very long time, it feels like i've not found very much to be happy about, add in my grandma's passing and how much I regret being in Switzerland I'm at the verge of breaking down. Few days back I felt so bad I didn't know what to do, I was feeling very Sad yet more than ever I feel close to God. I knew God was there for me, and I was reminded of His promises but i'm still 'grieved'. I was worried that there's something wrong in my walk with God, some part of it wasn't right. If non believers can run around the halls talking and laughing why am I at a corner crying out to God in my sorrows?

It was then my bro in Christ Eugene told me that there's a difference between Happiness and Joy. Happiness, something which everyone seems to be seeking may be more temporal than we thought. Happiness comes for example when we get something we want, we feel happy the moment we get what we want but it doesn't last. Joy on the other hand is getting what we really need, and long after happiness fades away Joy prevails.

Things haven't been going the way I want them to. I do not want to be in Switzerland, I want to be back home, I want to be with my friends and family, I want to see my grandma again. However on the other hand, I am Getting What I NEED. Jesus is in my life, more REAL than ever, I am falling in Love with Him everday and given reasons to Praise Him in my circumstances. I may not have what i want, but i have what i need ; in turn i have an everlasting Joy in me whenever and wherever I am.

In the book ~~Touch Points of Hope~~ given to me by my aunt, i found this in the chapter regarding Joy.
DOES GOD PROMISE ME HAPPINESS?
James 1:2 Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.
Explanation : God does not promise temporary happiness; in fact the Bible assumes problems will come your way. But God does promise lasting joy for all those who believe in Him. This kind of joy stays with you despite your problems. You can have lasting joy even if you don't have temporary happiness.

In the midst of Sorrow and Grieve, as we regret our past choices and mistakes, as the world judge us for who we are...

we know joy comes in the morning, we know God is there to bring us back to Him, we know God sees us in prefection through Jesus...

We have Joy through the Son Of God, saved by His mercy found in His grace,
Hear us sing HALLELUJAH!

9 Comments:

  • dude, i just dunno what to comment about this particular post... but i've gotta say that this is one the best blog posts i've ever read.. serious man.. keep it up!!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger yongkim, at 9:10 PM  

  • great post man..... really inspirational..... man... u summed it up so perfectly... :) a real blessing man... thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 AM  

  • It's really very encouraging seeing u still able to turn 2 God for support and comfort even though u're feeling so low in a faraway place. God bless ..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • hi.. joo lee here..really proud of you for standing strong in the midst of what you r going thru.. knowing Jesus & loving Him each day.. i can see that you have grown so so much more in Jesus.. relying in Him as your friend . Great post. thx for blogging

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 AM  

  • heheeee ..... :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

  • My heart feel so thankful to God when seeing u turned bec to God again. He is always the faithful God and no matter how we act, how far we go, He still will look for us-->lost sheep. so once we've been found again by GOD, grab it! Dont let go again brother! God bless u......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

  • I am the anonymous ya. Canny ;P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • Jon, me again, wow guess im so out-dated huh. your posts are indeed very encouraging. kinda recovers me. you take care aight =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home