Voices In My Head

Thursday, September 07, 2006

03 September

heya people, i'm actually typing this blog entry with notepad because i have no idea when will i be able to use the promised WIFI in my room (for a cost which was not mentioned when i enrolled in this school)! actually i dun even know if my room is WIFI capable i do however will be able to go online using stupid MACs at the school's Internet Cafe. my first 2 days in Swiss was terrible! yes, very terrible in fact.

i just had a super long flight + another stupid domestic flight just to reach Geneva. and from Geneva i had to take another bus ride to the town called Montreux. and from there i was transferred to a campus which was an hour's drive up the hills. later only did i realised my bags were sent to another campus and i was told that i was sent to the wrong campus. i had to explain my situation to many many ppl, call home many many times to try to sort things out. after doing so from midday till 6 i was finally taken to the other campus which i was supposed to be.
however little did i know that my other problems were just about to arise. in that other campus i was told to stay in a stupid little wooden house called 'Challet'. as cute and as european it may seem in the evening, that place is NO fun at night. the floor boards creaked everytime someone walks on it. my balcony door could not be locked. the bathroom and toilet was so far apart and above all it gives me the CREEPS. call me stupid, i dun care but that place SUCKS big time.


the next day i requested for a room change for that wasn't what i was promised and its definitely not whats shown in the school brochure. i requested for a room change and when the receptionist asked 'Whats the Problem' i just said 'uncomfortable' and u know what she replied? 'i know its uncomfortable' @@ THEN WHY PLACE ME THERE??!! later i was told by my parents that there was a mistake here and there made by God knows Siapa. the mistake was that i was supposed to be at the campus which i was brought to yesterday!


Today's the 3rd day. tomorrow's the beginning of class. i've got books like "Sales And Service for the Wine Professionals", "Professional Table Service", " Planning and Control Of Food and Beverage Operations" just to name a few. it's not gonna be easy but i didn't come here just to spend my parents' money. that'd be stupid i'd rather spend them at HOME! i came here to study and to do my best. i can't guarantee i'd get honors or whatnot but i'll be giving it my all, i promised to myself.


i'll be uploading pictures just as promised, if i do get wireless in my room. i'll be checking my mail often though so please send me mails from home whoever u are.

missing everyone back home.

Miss Me Too!

Jon

1 Comments:

  • Hey Jon, I've been missing you so much since the day you left Malaysia... Yeah, It really sucks when you don't get the things/ services which you were promised in the first place. However, it's good to know that you have finally settled down in a place that seemed so unfamiliar when you first reached there. Anyway, good luck in your studies and have fun with your new friends... Au revoir...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home