Voices In My Head

Monday, July 31, 2006

Death Of A Friend

Monday 31 July 2006
The Star page N10


"Hacked Victim Made Final Phone Call To Dad, Then Died"

That victim is Lee Kean Yip, i'm sure most of you who studied in Sam Tet knows him. I heard the news from my dad this morning after he was told by my friend's mother and later saw the news on the newspaper. my deepest condolences to Kean Yip's family.

I knew Kean Yip since Kindergarten. If i were to tell u we were good frens then that would make me the biggest liar ever. That said I have nothing against him and is appalled by the news of his death. I'm sorry we weren't able to get along but even more i'm sorry for the lost of a friend to many others. I deeply regret that at such moments i couldn't think of much to say about him for anything else i should say would be made up for this occasion. I do, however have something to say to my friends upon pondering about Kean Yip's ill fate.

I've heard someone say, People Come And Go In Our Lives. Indeed they do. some come and go without us noticing while others leave permanent 'marks' in our lives. to those who have touched my life, you will never be forgotten. i remember telling someone, i duno what will our friendship be in 5 years? 10 years? from now but that moment we shared will always be remembered. its not even 6 months after i said that and we're already not as close as we used to be.. sigh, lol.... i hate to sigh and laugh but sometimes I can't help looking back with a little hint of regret and find a dash of humour in my past.

well... i sure hope i left a mark or 2 in someone's life, i sure hope i touched a life or 2 (or at least i'm Hoping to) but whatever the case, its still the same old saying - Life is Short, you'll never know whats gonna happen. so let's all try to be grateful for our days and not take anything for granted (hypocrite talking) but seriously..
.
May The Lord's Grace Be Upon Us

1 Comments:

  • yea, life is short... sometimes I wonder why we are here on earth... Rite, to worship God u might say.. So, God put us here so that we can worship him and that's all?? I dunno and this is one thing that I will never understand for the rest of my life.. Are we God's toys or sth like that?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming God watsoever.. but I do tend to ask these questions sometimes.. I love God and I will always choose to have faith in Him no matter what happens... For Kean Yip's case, it's very unfortunate, just imagine someone who lived 18 years of his life without any purpose at all and God has taken his life away.. Aiye... is his spirit still on earth?? I dunno.. anyway, thanks for praying, Jonathan...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home