Voices In My Head

Friday, March 14, 2008

I See Grace

I see grace everywhere. 3 of my friends have such amazing testimonies of God's grace in their careers. Its exactly like the many career blessing testimonines i've read and heard in church whereby God open up pathways for them and all they did was to simply receive His blessings. I on the other hand keep getting into obstacles to the point where i'm not sure if I'd want to continue on this path anymore.

I do not dream of hotels. I barely even think of hotels yet I found myself halfway through a hospitality course. I made up my mind to complete the 3 year course to get an advance diploma knowing that its only temporary. After my advance diploma I'll consider to opt for a different course if possible or continue for a hospitality related Degree. At the moment i'll have to complete a 4 to 6 month internship to continue with my studies. 

Since i'll have to spend the next 4- 6 months doing an internship, might as well work at a place I wanna be...  I applied for Singapore. I sent my resumes to a number of hotels in Singapore only to receive a few replies rejecting my application. Disappointed I started looking for hotels in KL. I received 2 replies from 2 hotel chains in KL, one asking for an interview next week. Instead of feeling grateful being offered an interview, I find myself dreading to go for it. I don't want to work in a hotel. It sounds like an awful excuse for not wanting to work but its not. Its frustrating doing nothing, still I don't want to work in a hotel!

Did I mention the reason the 2 hotels are considering my application is because my uncles have connections with management in the hotel?

I hate this post. It does not glorify God one bit. I wanted my internship search to be a testimony of God's grace. I'd prefer not to have my uncles helping me with my application. But here I am sharing my rejection stories and uncertainty about my internship. Thinking of having to put up a charade showing the interviewer how enthusiatic and passionate I am about hotels is torture. Ask me what I want to do if I detest hotels this much and I'll only have 'Maybes' and 'Perhaps' as an answer. 

I need guidance, I need fellowship. Yong Kim is right, I need christian fellowship, i've been away from one for too long.

I found a great church, and I'm more than willing to have a wonderful fellowship with brothers and sisters there. That church is in Singapore, merely a 7 hour bus ride away, yet it seems so far. To add to the irony, I've been given the opportunity to study in Switzerland, to travel Europe and the only place I wanna be is Singapore, in New Creation Church.

I'd trade places with anyone if I had to, but I know I don't have to, Jesus traded His place for mine. 

Jesus you're still awesome and you'll always be. Even if no one sees your glory in my life, my heart will still forever be yours. 

Jesus you are my everything.. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home