Voices In My Head

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Forgotten Bibles


Words handwritten by my dad found in a Bible he presented to my uncle years ago.

Today the Bible is not with my dad or my uncle. 

Its being kept in my drawer along with the other Bibles which belong to my family one time or another. 'Forgotten' Bibles in my house seem to have a tendency of finding me. 

It's interesting to find such Bibles, as many are filled with writings of a heart hungry for Jesus, a heart filled with excitement, joy and passion in discovering the beauty of our Lord Jesus. 

Even though that passion and joy may have diminish over the years, those words remains as a reminder, a testament of sorts to that moment of hope and joy. 

I don't believe that those who were once so deeply in love with Jesus will ever forget Him. You can't just forget someone whom you had such strong affections to. It may be disappointment or bitterness that have put out the flames of that once passionate heart, but one thing's for sure - those hearts are crying out to Jesus more than ever before. 

I've seen my dad touched by His presence even after all these years. I may never understand my dad's disappointments or what's keeping him from Christ... but I believe he has not forgotten Jesus and neither has Jesus forgotten him.

Those forgotten Bibles will find their way back to their rightful owners...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home